This is one old post that has been lying in my drafts for a very very very long time. Atlast, I decided to dust it out.
I have been in Chennai for a long time now. But I was not much of a roamer or explorer.. its not that I dint want to but situations like being stuck in atypical “strict Chennai engineering college” plus financial dependence restricted me.
year and half three years I have been working in our Singara Chennai, now that I am financially independent, I visit place here and there. Then I thought why not have a list.. so as I was googling through a lot of sites (reallly a loooot) .. I finally choose a list (link) I came across a Random blog. I found it easy and doable and short. Compared to 1000 things lists for a person who hasn’t roamed much.
So here is my 100. I have edit them to my preferences too. For example.. I don’t find Tibbs Frankie that great that to be on the list. I had added in a few hearing a lot of hype too like the Sandy’s Chocolate Laboratory, That Madras Place… but they utterly disappointed me.
My 100 things to do in Chennai.
The Island grounds trade fair! Shopping in PONDY BAZAR is a must experience.
- A rickshaw ride in the streets of chennai
- A visit to Theosophical society
Eat thalapakatti biryani in Dindugul Thalapakati Visit Birla Planetarium St.Thomas mount church
- Eat Sandwich Outside Alsa Mall (BALAJI SANDWICH)
- An early morning Jog on Beach road.
- Haunted House, Valmiki Nagar
BROKEN BRIDGE Watch a movie at sathyam cinemas.
- Chettinad Palace
Idly sambar and vadai from Rathna cafe. MAHABALIPURAM Express Avenue Phoenix Market City
- Watching first day first show of a mass movie.
- The breadth taking view from thalankuppam pier
Elliot’s Beach MARINA BEACH
- 41 Royal Sandwich stall
- Visit the Anna Centennary Library
Peaceful walk on the roads of IIT MADRAS
- Spend a day watching Movie / Movie marathon
- Mudaliyar Kuppam
- Playing volleyball early morning beach
- Puri Jagannath Temple
MGM Dizee World
- Drinking Panner soda, Vasu brand in Mylapore.
- Having ATHO (Burmese food)
- Vadapalani Murugan Koyil
- Anna Nagar Tower Park
- Water sport facility on the East Coast Road
- Amethyst cafe, Royapettah
Travel in MTC bus
- Pulicat lake
- Ubbalamadugu Falls (Tada Falls)
- Have Samosas @ The Samosa Factory
Eating a crispy molaga in beach Attending TECHOFES @ Anna University
- Burma Bazzaar
Shopping At Spencer Plaza
- Visit Vandalur zoo
- Visit Crocodile Bank
- Italian cuisine @ CUP O’ CAFE
Shopping at Chennai City Center
- Visiting Anna Square
Get ADVENTUROUS and SPORTY at OFF ROAD SPORTS Visit Mayajaal
- Bird Watch @ Vedanthankal Lake Bird Sanctuary
- Watch a CSK match in Chepauk stadium
- Trek,Swim and relax at Kone falls
- Besant nagar church(Annai Velankanni Church)
- Visit Royapuram Fishing Harbour
- Koyembedu flower market
- CATAMARAN RIDE
- Visit Connemara library
- Eating in titanic fastfood @marina
- Relaxing at semmozhi poonga garden
HOTEL SARAVANA BHAVAN
- Have Biriyani @Amirunnisa Biryani
- Visit chembarambakkam lake
Go to the annual Chennai Book Fair Electronics shopping Ritchie street
- Photoshoot @ ALAMPARAI FORT
- Visit Chokhi Dhani
Travelling chennai through train
- Have a unique flavored icecream at AMADORA
- HALF COOKED GHANA/JIVARA CAKE at Ecstasy
Visit Valluvar Kottam
- New year celebration in marina beach
- Visit Egmore museum. Especially take pics with T-Rex
- Cafe Chokolade @ Egmore
- Have Biryani @Charminar Biryani Centre
Sip a drink @ Fruit Shop on Greams Road. Participate in Turtle Walk at Chennai Beach
- Old Curiosity Shop
Listening to RJBalaji
- Flying kites In Marina Beach. It’s banned as of now.
- 96 Go-Kart !
- Bowling @ DownUnder
- Visiting the Haunted De Monte Colony
- Alwar Book Stall
- Attend Madras music season
- Dinner @ KAILASH PARBAT
Visit Cotton street at Pantheon road The Chocolate Room, Velachery.One over hyped place
- Visit Santhome Church
- Watch movie @ PRARTHANA BEACH DRIVE-IN THEATRE
- Visit HigginBothams – Mount Road
- Ultimate Fun in ECR !!
- Going to the top of light house
- Visit Chennai’s ISKON TEMPLE
- Travelling in “Anna Durai’s auto” !
Sandwich from a stall in Nungambakkam High Road and Jaganathan street.
Is there anything you think I should add? Tell me 🙂