When an invitation was sent out from Motorola for a launch, though unspecific about the product to be expected, there was a certainty that it would be a MOTO G3, as an up-gradation is usually done every 10 months by Motorola. Prior to the launch there was also a campaign going by #MyMotoBFF, whose winners were awarded on the later part of the event.
The Live streaming of the India launch was posted on Flipkart and the product information was made available on the e-store.
MOTO G3 comes in two variants.
The र11,999 one has a 8gb storage and 1gb ram.
For र12,999 you can double your storage-16gb and 2gb ram.
Overall, the features seems good. And the deal is worth it. It goes for sale at 11:59:59 PM IST on flipkart.
What I liked Best!
- Moto Shells.
However, there is no info if the moto shells would come along in the box or be available separately for sale in the site.
- Claims to be Water proof for upto 3 feet and 30 minutes.
- 720 HD Display.
- Camera comes at 13MP and 5MP (Front).
- Shake and the camera is turned on.
- The back cover design. Looks cool like the one from LG G2.
Over to the specifications:
- The display remains at 5″ as that of MOTO G2.
- Dual Sim (GSM + LTE); 4G
- 13 MP Primary Camera, 5 MP Secondary Camera
- IPX7 Water Resistance
- Longer Lasting Battery: 2470 mAh
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) Processor with 1.4 GHz Quad Core CPU, Adreno 306 with 400 MHz GPU
- 720p HD (1280 x 720), Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android v5.1.1 (Lollipop) OS
- Comes with a SD slot; Expandable Storage Capacity of 32 GB
About the event, the presenters could have prepared better; a lot of uhh…ahh, silent hesitations and flips of the tongue. Also, even though a description page has been added onto flipkart, the campaign page still keeps running the clock and there is no info on what more to expect.
And yes! Though not much, there are offers till AUG 2nd.
VS YU YUREKA PLUS
It doesn’t do very well against the more affordable yureka plus. At 3K higher, the Moto G has lesser resolution, lower processor and smaller screen. But, you can’t rule out the brand Motorola is and Specs is not everything,
The Mi4 and G3 of the same price, would fight it off. Though Mi4 has better display, processor, G3 has caught up on RAM, camera and its features, what with the water proof!
My decision, as of now, I have ordered my MOTO G3 and will let know my hands on experience.